Sunday, June 19, 2011

Prayer and Pooh

So lately The Boy and Blessed have been reading the Pooh Bear adventures before  bed.  When I say Pooh Bear I mean the old school, full length, Kings English version.  The Boy eats it up.  21 months and he sits quietly and hangs on every word Blessed pulls from the pages (pages: Blessed's new I-pad... he loves that part too).  They lay there on The Boy's "big boy bed" (he was out of the crib by one year after climbing out and falling to the floor), read, and talk (I do mean talk) about every part of Pooh and the gangs latest adventure.  The Boy answers questions, finishes the sentences and ever predicts what will come next!  Tonight however something new happened.  Blessed began to pray and hold The Boys hand while doing so.  The Boy immediately pulled his hand away, placed them together (in a prayerful way) and prayed with blessed, not looking up until she was finished!  I am a blessed man!  How does life get any better or sweeter than my beautiful wife, little boy, Pooh, and prayer!  I am blessed.... deep sigh

1 comment:

  1. A child's prayer has taught me more about prayer than any Church ever did. #1 take your time - our three sometimes thank God for EVERYTHING; blankets, beds, etc... #2 just talk to God - they talk to him like they really know him.

    Be safe brother,

    Al

    ReplyDelete