Monday, June 6, 2011

I guess they have a saturation point...

So... I was at a local eating establishment with The Boy (just a father son eat out) the other day and we had just got our food and sat down.  We went out for pizza.  I thought, he has never had pizza, it is a sure win for him, and I don't have to cook.  Now let me go back a bit and say that we had been in the car for a few short hours on the way back from a three day father/son only trip to our cabin in the woods.  I want to encourage every father to do this a lot with their kids, even starting at 21 months.  We had a blast.  Hours of swimming, hiking, and discovering each other.  It was amazing to see him grow and learn right in front of me that whole weekend.  Absolutely no melt downs!  Anyway... we had been in the car for several hours when I decided to stop for dinner.  Like a good dad I checked the diaper for number 2 before entering the pizza place, no 2, good to go.  I knew that he had for sure done some 1 in it but thought it was OK till we got out.  Well we sat down and just got ready to taste that first cheesy bite when I look down and see The Boy squatting in the chair and "thinking real hard".  Then, the pee began to puddle...  Well I grabbed him up and went out for a changing.  I guess when those things reach a saturation point, they really reach a saturation point.  I compare it to getting gas now.  When you get down to a quarter of tank, don't push it just fill up you will be glad you did and you would have had to eventually anyway.  God bless and remember be courteous and polite to everyone but have a plan to kill them if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment